Free event highlights ebooks and audiobooks from the public library — anywhere, anytime
There is a unique exhibit traveling from coast to coast. It presents an interactive reading experience to learn about and try ebooks and audiobooks available through the Altamonte Springs City Library.
It’s called The Bookmobile, and here’s why you should take the time this weekend to pay it a visit:
- Community members can explore the digital services available at public libraries in the Altamonte Springs area.
- Readers can learn how to browse and borrow from Altamonte Springs City Library’s digital catalog of ebooks and audiobooks.
- Equipped with interactive workstations featuring video tutorials, touchscreen activities, devices to sample titles and more.
- Library staff and eReading experts are available to guide visitors.
- Tours are free and open to the community; full Digital Bookmobile schedule at www.digitalbookmobile.com.
- Readers with a valid library card can borrow their favorite titles 24/7 by visiting https://altamonte.overdrive.com or downloading OverDrive’s one-tap reading app, Libby.
The Bookmobile will be in Altamonte Springs on May 5th and 7th
On Sunday, May 5th it will be at The Family Fest at Cranes Roost Park (247 Cranes Roost Boulevard in Altamonte Springs) from Noon until 5PM.
And then on Tuesday, May 7th, it will be at The Altamonte Springs Library (281 Maitland Avenue in Altamonte Springs) from 10AM until 4PM.
About the Digital Bookmobile
The 42-foot long traveling exhibit provides devices, internet connectivity and expert guidance to the local library’s digital collection of ebooks and audiobooks. This traveling exhibit first launched in 2008 in Central Park, New York, and has since traveled more than 233,000 miles and welcomed over 240,000 visitors at over 1,000 events. For images and more information, visit https://digitalbookmobile.com/. To browse libraries’ ebooks and more, visit www.overdrive.com.