$10 million allocated towards Small Business Grants, $7 million towards Individual Grants, and up to $3 million towards Not-For-Profit Grants
From the Seminole County Newsroom
Seminole County Board of County Commissioners has allocated federal CARES funding to support $10 million towards Seminole CARES Small Business Grants, $7 million towards Seminole CARES Individual Grants, and up to $3 million towards Seminole CARES Not-For-Profit Grants.
The online portal for Seminole CARES Small Business Grants is open at SeminoleCARES.com. All funding is available on a first come, first served basis, and Seminole County advises businesses to gather all five supporting documents in advance to prepare for the application portal opening. Find the list of required documents at SeminoleCARES.com.
Home-based and/or mobile businesses, or commercially zoned businesses with up to one (1) W-2 employee can qualify for up to $5,000. Commercially zoned businesses with 2 – 25 employees may be eligible for up to $10,000. Commercially zoned businesses with 26 – 50 employees may receive up to $15,000.
These one-time funds can be used for:
- Rent or mortgage costs for the business location;
- Utility costs for the business location;
- Investments to meet reopening guidelines, such as purchasing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other workplace improvements directly related to mitigating the spread of COVID-19;
- Remote access equipment, such as computers, software, and printers for employers to enable telecommuting to allow for social distancing; and/or
- Internet-based communications and service delivery technology that helps directly address customers and/or employees in response to new work schedules & service/product delivery.
SEMINOLE CARES SUPPORT: HOTLINES AVAILABLE & LIVE CHAT THURSDAY
This Thursday, August 20, on the Seminole County Facebook page (Facebook.com/SeminoleCounty), staff will host a Seminole CARES live chat to help applicants with small business applications at noon and individual applications at 12:30.
Support hotlines are available:
- Small Business Support Line — (877) 298-3539
- Individuals Support Line – (877) 330-1818
The portal for individual or household grants will open next week on Wednesday, August 26.