Lyman High is excited to host their groundbreaking ceremony on Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. behind Building #4 at Lyman High School located at 865 S. Ronald Reagan Blvd., Longwood, FL 32750. Attendees will be required to check-in at the Administration Office and proper social distancing will be implemented.
Seminole County voters were in step with the administration’s vision, approving this forward movement by voting for Sales Tax to fund the CTE Building Project of $7,800,000.
The structure will be approximately 22,403 square feet with 186 additional student stations that will be added to the campus, allowing for greater ease and expansion of their career and technical education programs, including the following that offer Industry Certification:
- Automotive Program – Florida Automobile Dealers Association (FADA), Certified Technician and Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (G1)
- Building Trades Program – Home Builders Institute (PACT)
- Early Childhood Education – ServSafe testing; students can also earn college credit by passing the Career Pathways test for early childhood related courses.
- Digital Design – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop,
- Premiere Pro Web Design – Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere Pro, Photoshop
- TV Production – Adobe Certified Associate (Premiere Pro, Flash, After Effects)
- Marketing – Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop Institute for Engineering: Revit, Inventor
Construction for the new CTE Building is planned to be completed prior to the start of the 2021/22 school year.
Congratulations Lyman High!
For 93 years, Lyman High School has fostered academic opportunities for a diverse community of students. Their vision focuses on the following:
- Inspiring learning in all students.
- Developing a culture of pride, spirit and community through building relationships.
- Fostering a safe, academically supportive and inclusive environment.
- Creating a campus of innovation utilizing cross-curricular learning tasks.
- Encouraging students to “Get Involved” in the plethora of extra-curricular activities that Lyman High School has to offer.
- Participation in monthly “Paws Period” activities during school (8:52-9:26am) provide specified overviews/lessons for each class (freshman, sophomore, junior and senior) to obtain grade appropriate academic and social lessons coupled with interventions.