From the City of Sanford
The pre-application process for the City of Sanford’s Small Business Relief Grant Program is now open. Small businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19 may apply for this one-time grant to help subsidize significant revenue loss.
- A maximum of $15,000 may be granted to qualifying small businesses with a physical location within the city limits of Sanford.
- Businesses with one to 25 low-to-moderate income employees as designated by the Federal Housing Administration FY 2020 Income Limits are eligible.
- Primary business sectors include restaurants, bars, retail, personal services (salons, child/elderly care, laundry/cleaning services, pet care), repair and maintenance services, fitness centers, professional services, contractors and event services. Home-based businesses are eligible.
- Grants may be used to offset commercial rent or mortgage payments, utilities, payroll, employee support or retention programs, or investment in Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Thursday, June 11 Pre-application process begins.
- Thursday, June 18, 5:00 p.m. Pre-application process is closed.
- Pre-applications will be reviewed by staff as they are received. Eligible businesses will be notified via email with application next steps within five business days of receipt of the pre-application.
- Thursday, July 2, 5:00 p.m. Application deadline with all supporting documents.
- Applicants will be notified of grant approval status via email by Thursday, July 16.
- Funds are estimated to be available by mid-July.