From the Seminole County Newsroom
The Community Assistance Office of Seminole County’s Community Services will provide Dental Assistance to income-eligible Seminole County residents starting January 4, 2021. The purpose of the Dental Assistance program is to provide financial assistance to adult Seminole County residents with deep cleanings, extractions, fillings, partial/full dentures, referral costs, root canals and crowns.
To be eligible for this program, the applying household must meet the minimum criteria below:
• Household must reside in Seminole County
• Household income must be at or below 120% of the current Area Median Income
• The person applying for assistance must be at least 18 years of age or older
120% of Area Median Income for 1 – 8 person households (updated October 2020)
1 Person = $61,080
2 Persons = $69,840
3 Persons = $78,600
4 Persons = $87,240
5 Persons = $94,320
6 Persons = $101,280
7 Persons = $108,240
8 Persons = $115,200
When the pre-application is reached on the waiting list, the following documents will be requested to determine eligibility:
• Completed application
• Valid Florida ID or valid Florida Driver’s License for all adults (18yrs and older).
• Birth certificates and social security cards for all household members
• Third party verification of all household income and assets is required for this program
• Valid lease agreement, mortgage statement, or proof of homeownership (homeless customers can complete the signed Homeless Affidavit Form)
• Current utility bill (water, electric, or gas)
• Dental referral written by a licensed Central Florida dentist within the last 6 months.
Please click on this link for the application. Applications will also be available at the “Info Box” located outside the Seminole County Community Services office.
Pre-applications will be accepted from income-eligible households beginning January 4, 2021 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Seminole County Community Services Office located at 534 West Lake Mary Boulevard, Sanford, Florida 32773.
Only twenty five (25) pre-applications will be accepted on a first-come, first accepted
basis. The pre-applications will be used to establish a waiting list for the Seminole County Dental Assistance Program.
Please be aware that Seminole County is still following COVID safety guidelines, so no more than five people will be allowed in the lobby at one time.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Seminole County Community Assistance Division at 407-665-2300.