The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
That’s why a bear can rest at ease
With just the bare necessities of life”
Bears don’t need much.
Most of them keep to themselves in the wilds of the Wekiva River area or other forests in our communities. But occasionally bears do venture into the neighborhoods of Seminole County for the early morning trash can raid, look into a back porch or two, maybe go on a quest for the proverbial honey pot. It’s in those times when man meets bear that a true understanding of this spectacular animal can come in handy.
Please join Seminole County Natural Lands for an educational workshop with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) Bear Management Program to be educated about black bear activity, habitats, and safety for your home and neighborhood.
Black bears are an important part of Florida’s natural heritage; keeping bears wild and away from human use areas is a responsibility we all must share.
After all, it’s not easy being a bear!
- WHEN: Saturday, May 11, 9:00am-Noon
- WHERE: 3485 N. County Road 426, Geneva 32732
- AGES: 7+ (must be accompanied by an adult)
- COST: $5 per person Registration is limited and pre-registration is required.
- Register at: recreation.seminolecountyfl.gov. For more information, please call 407-665-2211.